As a member of the Ottawa Ballet School, that follows cultural traditions of the Great Art of Ballet, you are encouraged to practice our general norms of etiquette:
- Respect people around you; elderly, adults, teachers and fellow dancers.
- Be polite at all times at the Ottawa Ballet School and outside.
- Please offer your seat in public places/transport to elderly and women.
- Be committed to your art, challenge your mind and respect your body.
Basic Rules and Responsibilities:
- Please remember that regular attendance is a key to successful training.
- Please make sure to wear proper attire and hairstyle for the class.
- Please do not bring food or gum to the studio. It's also strongly recommended not to eat immediately before the class to avoid health problems.
- Please encourage your kids to practice at home and to use dance vocabulary learned.
- Parents, please do not compare your child to other dancers: every kid is different in his/her own beautiful way. Consider your teacher's evaluation and recommendations for improvements and progress.
- Please pay your accounts on time.